Architect - Studio Design Leader, Education
Architect - Studio Design Leader, EducationDLR Group
Denver, CO 80202
DLR Group is an integrated design firm that aspires to be the most creative enterprise on the planet. Our brand promise is to elevate the human experience through design. If that challenge is appealing, you're at the right place.
DLR Group's K-12 Education team has an opening for an Architect - Studio Design Leader.
Location: Denver, CO
Join an education group that cares about student outcomes as much as you do! The Design Leader will work closely with K-12 Sector leadership, staff, and project leadership to lead the pursuit, award, design and resolution of work. You will be responsible for the design excellence, design value, and design recognition within the work of the K-12 sector in addition to educating clients on our design process. As an effective Design Leader, you will support a work environment that fosters innovation while providing a positive responsiveness to a client’s goals and objectives, as well as, DLR Group’s goals and objectives.
As part of our integrated design team you create buildings that elevate the human experience through design. You will be responsible for collaborating and leading all aspect of the design process aligned with client goals, budgets and schedule parameters. Excelling as a strong communicator with passion for solving both design and business challenges, you will also be responsible for the financial health of projects. Client & Design Leaders will generally be engaged in multiple projects, in various phases of development, at any one time.
The successful candidate will
- Be a recognized and respected as a design expert within the education market
- Provide thought leadership and innovation within the firm as well as with clients and the K-12 industry.
- Ability to craft and test conceptual ideas quickly and to facilitate collaborative review of the work.
- Have an appreciation and passion for leading an integrated design team.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with strong organizational skills
- Attend industry events and improve DLR Group brand recognition through publications, conferences, and speaking engagements.
- Ability to work both independently and effectively in a cross-disciplinary team atmosphere and across multiple offices.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the coordination aspects and related requirements of all design disciplines.
- Promote design excellence through design charettes, critiques, sharing of projects, and design award submissions.
- Ability to travel as projects require.
- Demonstrated experience in a client facing role for multiple K-12 projects.
- 10-12 years (or more) of experience as a Designer for educational projects.
- Master’s Degree in Architecture or equivalent.
- Sketch-up and other 3D Rendering Software (Revit, Enscape, Lumion).
- Licensed Architect.
- NCARB certified.
Our comprehensive Benefits at DLR Group include: medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays, and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, employee stock ownership, bonus opportunities.
Compensation considerations are based on location, experience, and skills the potential pay range for this role is $100,000-$120,000.
DLR Group is an integrated design firm delivering architecture, engineering, interiors, planning, and building optimization for new construction, renovation, and adaptive reuse. Our promise is to elevate the human experience through design. This promise inspires sustainable design for a diverse group of public and private sector clients; local communities; and our planet. DLR Group is 100 percent employee-owned and fully supports the initiatives and goals of the 2030 Challenge and is an initial signatory to the China Accord and the AIA 2030 Commitment.
Visit dlrgroup.com and follow us on Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.