Junior DesignerMerchants Office Furniture
Denver, CO 80205
US work authorization (Required)
Our family is growing. and our people are most consequential to our success.
We’re in pursuit of a Junior Designer that works both independently and collaboratively with partners in and outside of Merchants. Our designers listen to our customer needs first then curate creative interior space solutions second. They provide our sales team the tools, documents, and resources necessary to successfully present project design concepts and quotes to our clients. This includes space planning, furniture and material selections, product specification, installation documentation, on site field verification and electrical coordination, and quality assurance, always maintaining Merchants values and brand.
Family isn’t just a buzzword; it’s a framework for approaching how we work.
Merchants is an agile team where wearing many hats comes standard. Roles and responsibilities of our players are specific to our clients’ unique needs, so flexibility is essential.
- Design Development
- Primary focus: systems furniture, including open office, private office, and meeting/conference spaces
- Generate, organize, and maintain CAD & CET drawing files
- Produce furniture block plans, space plans, finish pallets, CET drawings, CET renderings, and installation drawings & documents
- Develop systems furniture related validation packages
- Support sales team with engagement of customers to gather and distill project information
- Specification/ Quotation
- Complete accurate specification worksheets in CET and CAP 2020 Worksheets
- Perform field surveys and product inventories.
- On-site coordination of furniture related construction requirements, including critical clearances and electrical/data needs.
- Quality Assurance
- Assist with design proposals if project requires
- Assist with budgetary estimates of design hours
- Monitor, manage & communicate actual hours worked to sales team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior or Architectural Design, Associate Arts degree or equivalent from a two-year college will be considered, with at least 1-year related design experience
- Council for Interior Design Accreditation (CIDA) or National Architecture Board (NAB) accreditation preferred
- Prior experience with system furniture products is a plus
- Requires the ability to be optimistic, collaborative, enthusiastic and think creatively
- Must believe in the ability of physical space to have a positive impact on the lives of others
- Appreciation for Interior Design principles, including the use of texture, color, form, function, materiality balance, rhythm, repetition, proximity, symmetry, biophilia, cognition and perception
- An understanding of commercial furniture & furniture systems products
- Ability to apply design practices as well as knowledge of building codes, regulations & ADA requirements
- Proficiency in a variety of software: AutoCAD, CET Designer and Microsoft Office. Additionally, Sketchup and Google Applications are a plus
- Ability to provide friendly, professional service to internal staff and clients
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Strong time management skills, ability to support multiple projects & teams while maintaining project schedules & deliverables
- Ability to convey design concepts via hand drawing/sketch
- Competent complex reading and writing skills
Regularly works both in and out of the office with others, face to face, over the phone and through email. In office work is primarily in an open office environment with moderate noise. The nature of work requires occasional time spent out of the office at project sites and client offices; reliable transportation required. On-site project work may present dusty/dirty conditions with loud noise, moving objects and other hazards. Project site PPE & safety requirements shall be followed at all times,
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
Asking all employees to be fully vaccinated/boosted OR to provide negative COVID test every 2 weeks. Wearing masks at the office.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Denver, CO 80205: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Required)
Work Location: One location