Landscape DesignerHord Coplan Macht, Inc.
Denver, CO 80202
About Our People
Excellent design can’t happen without exceptional people. This value continues to guide our growth. We hire talented people, inspire them with work that they love, and build a team that becomes a family.
About Our Firm
HCM was founded with the goal of providing high quality architecture, landscape architecture and planning services to our clients. We ﬁrmly believe in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary approach to problem solving. HCM has a diverse studio environment with award-winning landscape architecture, healthcare, multifamily/mixed-use, senior living, education, and planning studios to serve the diverse needs of our clients.
Our work creates contextual and ecologically sustainable designs. They are dynamic places where people live, work, learn, play, and grow. All these spaces provide safe, delightful, and memorable experiences that are vital to our communities and cities and are the tissue that connects a community to the natural environment, provide places to celebrate, socialize, learn, recreate or ﬁnd solitude.
About Our Search
Our Denver office is looking for a strong Landscape Architect/Designer to join the Landscape Architecture Studio. Our next team member will have excellent communication, design, technical, graphic and visualization skills. This individual will manage, organize, and coordinate with the technical design project teams throughout the design process to successfully execute landscape architectural projects.
Hord Coplan Macht’s award winning landscape architecture practice serves a diverse clientele on a broad range of projects including educational campuses, urban in-fill, mixed-use, senior living, and healthcare. Our civic work includes parks, plazas, and recreational facilities.
About the Position
- Assist in managing projects from concept design through construction documentation and permitting
- Assist in generating design solutions and design development
- Create site analysis diagrams and graphics
- Support senior staff in collecting precedent imagery and creating image boards
- Prepare site plan and 3D renderings and assist in developing design presentations
- Develop and draft construction documents; plans and details
- Interact with project consultants and clients to facilitate the design process
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture required
- 3-5 years of experience in a Landscape Architecture practice
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Photoshop, InDesign, SketchUp, Lumion, Enscape or other 3D presentation software is required, Experience with Revit is a plus
- Understanding of the design and documentation process from concept design through construction documents and permitting
- Experience with planning and organizing construction drawings and developing construction details
- Interest in growing into a Project Manager role
- Interacts professionally with consultants and clients
- Experience with planting design is a plus
- Work, communicate and ask questions effectively as a project manager and team to achieve the project goals
- Passion towards design, strong work ethic and sense of ownership and pride in your work and role as part of the team.
- Produce high-quality documents under deadline-driven environments
About Our Culture
Creative. Entrepreneurial. Responsible. We are a firm that understands the benefits of maintaining a work-life balance with a shared end goal of achieving something special. Above all, we care about helping people to realize their potential.
About Our Benefits
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- 401(K) with company match
- Company Paid STD, LTD, Life
- Paid Time Off
- Mentorship Programs and Professional Development
*MUST SUBMIT RESUME, COVER LETTER AND PORTFOLIO OR WORK SAMPLES TO BE CONSIDERED*