Denver, CO 80203
Job Type- Full-time
Come design a better, more beautiful world with us.
We believe in designing places that inspire joy and honor humanity; places that uplift the human spirit and imbue life with a sense of delight and greater purpose. At Perkins&Will, we design for life—a philosophy we call “Living Design.”
The Denver Studio is growing and we are looking for highly motivated individuals excited to contribute to our Sports, Entertainment, and Recreation specialties while also interested in helping us grow our Healthcare, Science and Technology, Commercial, Civic, and Cultural project sectors.
Perkins&Will offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, wellness, STD, LTD, Life Insurance, 401k, and PTO. Employee perks include a hybrid/flexible work environment, dog-friendly office, professional development time and expense budget, bonuses, studio initiatives and firmwide affinity groups, and a Justice, Equity, Engagement, Diversity, and Inclusion foundation to everything we do.
As a Designer III on the Perkins and Will Architecture team, you will:
- Evaluate, select, and apply advanced architectural and design methods with responsibility for project assignments, including programming, design development, coordination, and production of construction documents.
- Develop and prepare construction documents, plans, and details; execute red-marked revisions.
- Evaluate and integrate engineering systems and implement code, accessibility, and zoning analysis
- Conduct field observations to monitor the progress of construction.
- Work independently and alongside a team to meet project constraints of budget and schedule
- Develop, prepare, and coordinate presentation materials.
- Be involved with coordinating contractors, consultants, and vendor assignments
- Collaborate with and may mentor junior staff
- Utilize your rock-star technical skills in Revit and other design application software.
To join us as a Designer III, you should have:
- A professional degree in Architecture
- 5+ years of experience
- Experience in all phases and aspects of a project deliverable
- Experience with project design and construction documentation production
- Proficiency in Revit, CAD, graphic design, and 3D modeling and visualization software
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and motivation to learn
- Collaborative and professional work ethic
- LEED AP or other certification within 6 months of hire
- Licensure or on your way to completing your ARE exams
Salary range: $65,000-$80,000 depending on knowledge, skills, and experience.
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a resume and work samples. Include your resume and a compact, representative sample of your work (no larger than 4MB).
The safety of all employees is a priority during COVID and we presently require everyone to be fully vaccinated to enter our studio or attend in-person client meetings or visit job sites. No waiver of requirement that the position advertised includes the capacity to be present in the studio is expressly or impliedly waived.
At Perkins&Will we believe that inclusion spurs creativity and that innovation is born from an engaged culture of diverse people + ideas. By moving beyond barriers and stereotypes of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status; we are committed to building an organization that reflects the diversity of the communities and clients we serve.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Perkins and Will is an equal opportunity employer and supports talent from diverse backgrounds that bring experiences, viewpoints, and solutions that best serve our clients, community and enrich our work environment. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and active duty wartime, campaign badge veterans, or Armed Forces service medal veterans are encouraged to apply. EOE/M/F/V/D
Perkins and Will is an interdisciplinary, research-based architecture and design firm established in 1935. We are all about creative collaboration with a design focus. We believe that great design has the power to transform lives and enhance communities. We are socially conscious and entrepreneurial, always striving for the best solution with the least impact on our communities. We are a learning organization, pushing for research-based design and investing deeply in the professional development of our staff. We are architects, interior designers, urban designers, landscape architects, consultants, and branded environment experts who approach design from all scales and perspectives. With hundreds of award-winning projects annually, Perkins+Will is ranked as one of the top global design firms.
To learn more, visit www.perkinswill.com. #LI-Hybrid
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)