Project DesignerCuningham Group
Job Type- Full-time
Cuningham, an award-winning architecture firm with 6 offices nationally, is seeking a talented and motivated Architectural Designer, to join us and to contribute to our success and presence in our Denver office. At Cuningham our ability to deliver design excellence is based on our ability to attract and retain creative people, curious to learn and eager to grow professionally within a highly collaborative team environment. That’s you.
This position is about design. While you have demonstrated success and experience working through all aspects and phases of building design and construction, you will be expected to focus on design. You are comfortable sharing and presenting design concepts, to team members, clients, and contractors. You are committed to design innovation, technical craft, and environmental stewardship. You will be challenged to invite our clients and consultants into the creative process, a uniquely co-creative design process. You have a track record of achievement along with a healthy sense of humor. You are a self-directed learner and have superb technical skills related to 3D modeling software. You also on occasion draw on napkins and build rip and tear models when it’s called for. You care about making a difference in the community and uplifting the human experience by design.
Qualified applicants should submit a portfolio, resume and cover letter detailing their experience.
What you will do
- Integrate design, technical, and management efforts to help deliver a fully coordinated set of drawings through a collaborative team-based process.
- As needed, hand sketch and build rough models to convey design ideas and foster design discussion.
- Share and present design concepts, to team members, clients, and contractors.
- Focus on conceptual through schematic design, with continued engagement through the remaining project phases to facilitate design continuity.
- Coordinate and collaborate directly with clients, project consultants, and contractors to develop design documents.
- Provide design leadership and mentorship.
- May require some travel.
What we look for
- Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Architecture.
- 7+ years of experience, with K-12 and higher education experience preferred.
- Experience and proficiency presenting design to internal and external audiences, and with real-time design ideation.
- Self-directed learner with superb technical skills related to 3D modeling software.
- Willingness and ability to work closely with project architects and project managers.
- Proficiency in Revit and Office 365 required.
- Proficiency in hand sketching.
- Skills in design software such as 3D Studio, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, BIM 360, Glue, Dynamo, Grasshopper, Enscape, Lumion, etc. is preferred.
- Licensed Architects are preferred.
- Per the requirements of our clients, this position requires full vaccination against COVID-19.
Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation Range: $72,000 - $108,000 (Annual Salary). Compensation commensurate with experience, capabilities, and licensure/certification.
- Benefits: Cuningham offers a variety of benefits to employees including; health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, 401k retirement savings plan, paid holidays, and paid time off.
Cuningham is a recognized design leader dedicated to creating enduring experiences for a healthy world. Starting a career at Cuningham means joining a team dedicated to projects that matter. With dynamic clients across 20+ markets, our firm is committed to environmentally sustainable and solutions-oriented design. Our creative, interdisciplinary teams cultivate the engagement of a smaller studio while providing the resources and nimbleness of a global firm — and we do it all in work environments that enable everyone to feel welcome and heard.
To promote the health and safety of our teams and meet the demands of many client contracts, Cuningham requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative proctored test to enter our offices and select project sites.
Cuningham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, national origin, disability, military, or veteran status.
Hiring InsightsHiring for this role
• Mobile: NA
• Location: NA
• Post ID: 21991811