PROJECT MANAGER, DESIGN (Architecture)
PROJECT MANAGER, DESIGN (Architecture)KTGY Group, Inc
Denver, CO 80202
Job Type- Full-time
KTGY is a full-service architecture, branding, interiors and planning firm specializing in residential, retail, hospitality and mixed-use environments. Our firm and our work are guided by a continuous focus on innovation, creativity, collaboration and a deep responsibility we feel towards enhancing communities and neighborhoods. Our architects, designers and planners combine big picture opportunities, leading-edge sustainable practices and impeccable design standards to create memorable destinations of enduring value.
THE DENVER STUDIO
Collaborative and creative, the KTGY Denver office high-density and for-sale studios focus on mixed-use, infill, age focused, affordable and single-family communities. Communication and connectivity are key to designing thriving and sustainable neighborhoods. Driven to innovate and to give back we can be found hosting design charettes and supporting local charities. Join us today and positively impact the communities in which we live, work and design.
The Project Manager, Design is responsible for working directly with the client, governing agencies, tenants (if applicable), all consultants, and other team members to deliver projects on time and within budget. This position manages the balance between design and technical solutions to achieve project budget and schedule expectations. They must exercise effective time management and awareness of impact on the project budget and will conduct work within KTGY standards under general supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead projects and teams, across multiple projects.
- Ensure that the project conforms to the contractual agreement the firm has made with the client and in accordance with company quality requirements.
- Understand the client program requirements, including deliverables.
- Manage and oversee the processes of projects.
- Establish regular client meetings and attend with appropriate team and consultants as required by contract scope.
- Ensure projects conform to standard of care and quality.
- Review contract drawings and specifications for completeness, accuracy, and coordination. Confirm that corrections and clarifications are made, if required.
- Control project profitability and liability exposure on behalf of KTGY.
- Direct, lead, and mentor staff to ensure professional development.
- Ensure staff is effectively & efficiently utilizing time.
- Determine amount and type of staff to execute the projects.
- Create additional service directives and sign additional services with approval of studio leadership.
- Function as the main point of management contact with the client and city agencies.
- Review project billings and update studio projections regularly.
- Monitor project receivable and assist in the collection of receivables.
- Participate in writing proposals.
- Create and monitor project schedules.
- Ensure that the project conforms to the allocated period of time and within the budget it has been assigned.
- Establish and monitor project budgets along with project progress.
- Be a source of KTGY knowledge within the office, the industry, and to clients.
- Achieve successful results for the firm and the client through overall management techniques.
- Continuously strive to improve knowledge by keeping updated on industry trends and competitor practices.
- Display positive attitude about the work to be done, co-workers, clients, management, and firm policies.
- Show initiative by being proactive and taking prompt action to accomplish objectives.
- Participate as an active and contributing member of a team to achieve team goals and work cooperatively with other team members.
- Use creativity and imagination to develop new insights into situations and apply new solutions to problems.
Required Skills and Abilities
Accurate and detail oriented
- Ability to work on multiple projects and maintain effective communication and quality control
- Strong ability to plan, schedule, direct work of self and others
Advanced understanding and proficiency using the following software
- AutoCad and/or REVIT
- Sketch Up
- Adobe Suite
- MS Office
Minimum of 7 years industry experience
Education and Knowledge
- 4-year Architectural degree and/or combination of required education and experience
- Licensed Architect (Preferred)
- Advanced understanding of building codes, including national and state local codes
- In depth knowledge of various product types, code requirements, and construction practices and how to apply, detail, and specify them
- Compensation is based upon experience and estimated range is $65,000-$85,000 annually
As Part of the Team, You’ll Enjoy:
- Company paid medical, dental and vision coverage with buy-up options, basic life and AD&D upon enrollment day one
- 401k match with full vesting upon enrollment
- Professional Development Programs including continued education reimbursement and bonus’ on certain licenses
- Hybrid work schedule option flexibility
- PTO, and an Alternative Work Week option
- Wellness benefits and gym membership discounts
- Access to mental health and coaching resources
- Being part of a team that is passionate about supporting the success of our internal employees!
To learn more about our High Density and For Sale Studio’s work visit our website.
Residential Architects | KTGY | Architecture | Branding | Interiors | Planning