CAD Design/Engineering Technician
CAD Design/Engineering TechnicianLeprino Foods
Denver, CO 80211
Within our Technical Services team located in Denver – Leprino is seeking a CAD/Design Engineering Technician (Internal title: Engineering Technologist I).
At Leprino Foods, starting compensation for this role typically ranges between $71,000 and $83,000. This position has an annual target bonus of 5%.
- Performs assigned work on plant and capital projects and ensures progress in accordance with project schedules.
- Performs CAD design work for potential or new plant and capital projects.
- Works with project suppliers to ensure that equipment designs meet Leprino specifications and serves the required fit, form, and function, as well as critical dimensions. Reviews vendor layouts and equipment design to determine alternative solutions to existing problems.
- Assists plants during the planning, installation, and start-up of new equipment or process renovations/expansions.
- Assists with the modification of equipment or building design based on feedback from Project Engineers and Project Managers to achieve desired results.
- Assists in developing drawings, illustrative diagrams, or technical documents, such as Standard Operating Procedures and Engineering Design Specification manuals.
- Maintains the corporate drawing filing system for all manufacturing facilities.
- Trains plant personnel as needed on CAD Design Standards and CAD File Drawing file storage.
- Integrates Leprino Quality and Sanitary Design Standards into all aspects of CAD support.
- Be humble, inquisitive, patient, collaborative, innovative, results-oriented, and resilient - the DNA of a Leprino employee.
You Have At Least (Required Qualifications):
- An Associate’s Degree in Engineering Technology, a technical drafting degree, or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Five (5) years of CAD designing and drafting experience in the food, beverage, pharmaceutical, or biotechnology industries.
- Experience with 2D modeling software (AutoCAD)
We Hope You Also Have (Preferred Qualifications):
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
- Experience with crafting P&ID, architectural layout schematics and equipment part and assembly drawings.
- Experience with hygienic standards, such as 3A, sanitary design, PMO, USDA Dairy, ASME BPE, etc.
Leprino Foods embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Offering You In Return:
A chance to be part of a global team of individuals passionate about producing and delivering high-quality products that help feed and nourish families around the world. Leprino Foods could not be where it is today without our incredible employees. That is why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring great people who are in it for the long run is our goal. Through competitive salaries and bonuses, life, medical/dental/vision coverage, voluntary benefits, employee assistance programs, wellness incentives, tuition assistance, vacation, nine paid holidays, sick time, paid parental leave, annual merit increases, as well as the LFC Profit-Sharing & 401(k) plan. Your impact will be noticed and rewarded, as you seek to further our company, our customers, and one another.
Leprino Foods’ history dates back over 65 years, when Jim Leprino first started making small batches of mozzarella for local markets and eateries in the Little Italy neighborhood of Denver. We’ve grown a bit since then. Today, Leprino is the world’s largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still owned by Jim and the Leprino family, our sights are set to be the “World’s Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company.” To help us achieve that bold vision, we’re looking for our secret ingredient: You. A motivated team member who is the best at what you do. Three people in a small corner grocery store in the early 1950s have now grown to over 4,300 employees throughout 16 global locations. Will you join us on our journey?