Structural Designer - Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering
Structural Designer - Kiewit Infrastructure EngineeringKiewit Corporation
Job Type- Full-time
Requisition ID: 128419
Job Level: Mid Level
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering (KIE) has an immediate opening for a dynamic Mid-Level Structural Designer in our growing Construction Engineering Services (CES) Group. You will be part of our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, rail, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering's Design-Build team is driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects. Through our integrated design and construction approach, our multi-disciplinary team works together to improve schedule, control costs, and minimize risk. Our construction-focused engineers work collaboratively with our estimators and builders to design solutions that are innovative, constructible, and designed with a focus on safety. Clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and best practices for all projects that we support.
Kiewit’s management and implementation of this process lead to safe, cost-effective, and innovative designs that exceed client expectations and furthers Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
This position is based out in our office in Denver, CO.
- Work with our engineering teams to develop structural designs for temporary structures (steel, wood, concrete, manufactured items, etc.) supporting construction activities on Kiewit projects
- Provide additional support on civil and geotechnical temporary designs
- Use Revit, AutoCAD, and Civil 3D software to produce design for estimate and construction documents
- Participate in design reviews to evaluate design concepts and make recommendations
- Follow company’s CAD and quality standards
- 2 to 10 years experience in CAD design and production of structural design documents
- Associate degree in Computer-Aided Design, Engineering Technology, or similar program experience
- Proficiency in Revit and AutoCAD (2D and 3D)
- Additional proficiency in Civil 3D, Tekla, or Navisworks is a plus
- General knowledge of engineering principles and materials for structural and civil work
- Read and understand construction documents
- Ability to detail structural connections for steel and concrete structures
- Ability to clearly communicate and collaborate with Engineers and Designers
- Critical thinking skills necessary with the ability to plan and conceptualize
- Capable of recognizing conflicts and discrepancies with strong attention to detail
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
- Construction experience is a plus
- Absent an approved exemption, due to federal, state, local, provincial and/or client-requirements, this position may require an individual to be fully vaccinated by an FDA-approved or authorized COVID-19 vaccine or undergo weekly testing upon hire and as a condition of continued employment.
Base Compensation: $48,291 - $72,437
(Actual compensation is subject to variation due to such factors as education, experience, skillset, and/or location)
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.