Urban Design/Landscape Architecture Leader
Urban Design/Landscape Architecture LeaderCuningham Group
Job Type- Full-time
Cuningham is seeking an experienced, multifaceted Senior Design Leader to lead our Urban Design / Landscape Architecture (UDLA) team. The role is ideally located in one of our US office Locations; Culver City, Denver, Las Vegas, Minneapolis, Phoenix or San Diego. The UDLA Director will bring energy and passion to leading the UDLA team’s growth and development, collaborating with firm leaders in business development efforts, and leading project design efforts for key clients and projects across our five Studios.
This role sits in the Design + Performance Practice Group – which is responsible for firm-wide design quality, regenerative impact and technical excellence - guiding best practices to assure positive impact through projects and teams across the firm. The successful candidate will be a champion of our mission, vision and values embracing the multi-disciplinary and collaborative nature of our teams and will be a positive influence on our design practice, its advancement and success.
What you will do
- Provide project oversight and design leadership on landscape architecture and urban design/master planning projects. These could include educational and corporate campus settings, parks and open space, fairgrounds and cultural institutions, natural areas, native communities, resiliency and master planning, mixed use development, multi-family indoor/outdoor amenities, entertainment, retail and hospitality amenities and outdoor venues.
- Engage in project pursuits, developing proposals, establishing budgets, engaging with communities and constituents, leading clients and ensuring quality.
- Mentor and train junior landscape and urban design staff on design and technical aspects of project work, as well as support their career development.
- Engage with firm leadership to strengthen our regenerative design capabilities as well as innovative approaches to integrated design.
What we look for
- Masters Degree in Landscape Architecture or Urban Design from an accredited college or university.
- 15+ years of professional practice experience.
- Licensure in at least one state, preferred
- Knowledge of landscape architecture principles, practices, process, and the application to projects, experience leading master planning, design, and implementation of landscape architecture, planning, and urban design projects.
- Inspires teams and champions knowledge of and commitment to process and concepts for regenerative and healthy / equitable / green building / sustainable site design.
- Experience with discipline at large and contributes through speaking, publication and thought leadership engagements.
- Experience successfully leading a team and mentoring team members. Have great interpersonal communication skills - establish and maintain ongoing, productive client and team relationships
- Strong design acumen with the ability to inspire creativity in others and thrive in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Capable of multi-tasking, and prioritization of responsibilities in a dynamic (hybrid virtual / in-person) work environment.
- Utilization of and/or familiarity with computational / GIS and other data driven tools for analytics, design and documentation. Ability to guide and develop design presentations, and visualizations.
Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation Range: $101,500 - $152,000 (Annual Salary). Compensation commensurate with experience, capabilities, and licensure/certification.
- Benefits: Cuningham offers a variety of benefits to employees including; health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, 401k retirement savings plan, paid holidays, and paid time off.
Cuningham is a recognized design leader dedicated to creating enduring experiences for a healthy world. Starting a career at Cuningham means joining a team dedicated to projects that matter. With dynamic clients across 20+ markets, our firm is committed to environmentally sustainable and solutions-oriented design. Our creative, interdisciplinary teams cultivate the engagement of a smaller studio while providing the resources and nimbleness of a global firm — and we do it all in work environments that enable everyone to feel welcome and heard.
To promote the health and safety of our teams and meet the demands of many client contracts, Cuningham requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative proctored test to enter our offices and select project sites.
Cuningham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, national origin, disability, military, or veteran status.
Hiring InsightsHiring for this role
• Mobile: NA
• Location: NA
• Post ID: 22004701